Friday, June 25, 2010

Update on Life and Gardening

You might remember from Our City Garden how little all of our plants were.  Now, they're bearing fruit and we are beginning to enjoy Sweet Corn, the occasional Cherry Tomato and the promise of Eggplant Parmesan from our cute, egg-sized eggplants. 


Brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes and fancy squash


Me with the corn.

You might also remember how I wistfully shared my dream of one day leaving LA and having our own bit of affordable land and less madness.  That dream was a sort of two-to-five year plan.  But NOW, it has become a reality!  
We'll be moving to Tennessee this Summer to take care of my grandmother who was recently widowed and broke her hip shortly after that.  She's invited us to live with her and we're thrilled.  I'm praying that I'm up to all of the tasks ahead...one of which is moving!  And it's killing me to try to figure out how to yard-sale and pack-up the possessions of a young, family of five.

Eggplants and Beefmaster tomatoes.
Long snake-like Asian Green Beans

It's a huge blessing and a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments