Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hearty Choco Stix

I wanted to make something that my kids could eat in place of graham crackers. I also wanted to make sure they packed a powerful punch of nutrients. So I got out my coffee grinder and all the beans and grains in my cabinet. After grinding away, this is what I came up with.

INGREDIENTS:
3 T fava bean flour
1/4 c millet flour
2 T mung bean flour
1/4 c tapioca starch
1/4 c rice flour
1/4 c potato starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c brown sugar
1/8 tsp pure stevia powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
A dash of cinnamon
1 egg
1/3-1/2 c plain yogurt
3 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Mix dry ingredients and add egg and yogurt.
If you don't have these exact grains and beans, I encourage you to mix and experiment with what you have. The goal is to form a stiff dough (add more yogurt if it's too dry).
Shape into little logs and flatten.
Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Flip and bake for 4 more minutes.
Cool and coat one side with melted chocolate chips.
Yield 3 dozen.

Note: I was still out of vanilla when I made this recipe, but I really think it could benefit from a teaspoon of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments