Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gruesome Gray Monsters and DIY Hair Products

JUNE 23, 2010:
I tried parting my hair on a different side tonight, since it seems like my old part has widened itself tooo much. And there--standing strait up, with gusto--was a squiggly thick gray hair.  
Upon further searching, I found a few more!  What do you do with these things? (Click to enlarge photo, yes it is hard to see).

I always said that 'one day' when I went gray, I would wear it proudly and not dye my hair.  But in my envisioning, I was much older and had a full head of grays...not just one or two that stand out like obscenities.
So, blogging about this really has nothing to do with eating gluten-free.  Except, maybe to notify you that a gluten-free life style won't cure aging.  I like to amuse myself that perhaps it has inhibited it...

A near-and-dear-to-my-heart lady, admitted she cuts them out at the root, because supposedly plucking them inspires two to regrow in it's place. So, do I dye these random stragglers?  Or leave them for all the world to see their shining glory?
For now, I'm going to ignore the issue.  I've blogged it and that's probably way more than I should have done.
On the bright side, my husband--who's older than me by two months, has a lot more gray hairs than I do.  I don't know why that really qualifies as 'the bright side', but it does for some reason.  :D  


For the next few weeks, I'm going to experiment with some homemade recipes for hair care products and let you know how it goes in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments