Saturday, July 25, 2009

Heatlhy, Old Fashioned "Bread Stuffing"

I was so excited when I discovered this by accident, so I wanted to share. Boiled, over-absorbed millet looks and acts just like Thanksgiving stuffing. If seasoned the right way, it will be a perfect replacement for the real thing this Fall. And the best part is that it's actually really good for you!

SUGGESTED INGREDIENTS:
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup butter
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
3 cups millet
5 cups chicken broth


DIRECTIONS:

Bring broth and millet to a boil. Cook, covered, until fluffy and fully absorbed. Add more liquid if desired. Mix in the other ingredients, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Michele,
    Thanks for posting on my blog. I LOVE your site! We eat Gluten free too (Paleo actually). Can't wait to see all your recipes. I will definitely be back to your site often. Happy Weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that tested negative for Celiac too, but she just gets so sick and painful cramping (and bathroom trips) and they can't seem to figure out what's wrong with her. She's tested negative for just about everything they can think of.

    She said it did help to eliminate the wheat and stuff, but still has some pain. My sister found out that there is a stomach muscle that doesn't work right and so she has trouble digesting her food, thus all the painful cramping. They've been able to give my sis some meds which really help.

    I am glad you've found what works for you, and nowadays they have several gluten-free books with some yummy recipes, like this one!

    ~ Nan

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments