Monday, May 17, 2010

Lazy Man's Tempura

I made this for lunch today. I had some sweet potatoes and yams that were swiftly going towards "toss out time". I hate to waste anything, so I sliced them up and made a sweet version of tempura for my kids.




Here's how to make these:

INGREDIENTS:

2 Sweet potatoes or yams
1/4 C. Rice Flour
1/4 C. Water
1/2 tsp. Salt
Oil for frying
1 Gallon Sized Freezer Bag

Cinnamon sugar or seasoning salt for sprinkling on last.

DIRECTIONS:

Thinly slice your potatoes/yams (skin and all). Start heating your oil in a frying pan on medium high.
Drop potatoes/yams into the freezer bag. Add rice flour, water and salt. Seal the bag and shake until mixed thoroughly. Make sure the slices aren't stuck together and not getting coated evenly.

Begin carefully dropping them into the skillet a few at a time (I did around 8-10 each time). Let them brown on each side and remove--about three minutes.

Drain them on a paper towel covered plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar OR seasoning salt.

Serves 5


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comments! I used a blog designer and she is so great to work with and her rates are amazing. Everything you see on my blog she did and for only $30. She is awesome! You can see her button on my left sidebar "Blog designed by Tara."

    Actually no, I didn't notice the date. Wow, a year? Glad to see you posting again.

    I have had times where I have nearly given up, but I do enjoy it and I found that if I post about all sorts of things, it makes it easier to do. Plus, if I don't feel like posting, I don't!

    These look nummy, I assume they are somewhat sweet? I hope that you have your health back and are feeling great!

    ~ Nan

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments