Friday, May 28, 2010

GF "Fast Food" Series: Chicken Sandwich Patty


CHICKEN PATTIES
This turned out great and my kids loved it.  The preparation of this meal was not quick and easy enough to make this a 'fast' food, but it did taste like I was eating "fast food". 
INGREDIENTS:

3 chicken breasts
1/4 C GF oat flour
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
dash of garlic powder

DIRECTIONS:
Put all of these in a food processor and grind until a moist dough forms.
Next, form the dough into patty shapes and use the breading mixture (see below) to coat each patty. 

* Crumb mixture:
GF bread crumbs
Ground nuts
GF flour
1/4 tsp. salt 
pinch of garlic powder 

NEXT:

Pan fry the patties in oil until they reach the desired color.  I wanted to make sure they were really done, so I put them in the oven at 400 for another 10 minutes.  I'm not sure this was really  necessary.  You can cut one open to check.

* Bread crumbs can be old gluten free bread bits, ground grains, ground nuts, etc...  Mine was a mix of all three.   I often use my coffee grinder to make flour from beans, grains and nuts.  Don't forget to season the bread crumbs with salt. Whatever amount of crumbs you have left over can be stored in a ziploc bag and stored in your freezer for the next time you want to bread something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments